Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 3

Exciting news, the IR machine is fixed! I actually got to start running the samples that I made for the first trial. I started with Caffeine and Guafinesin. I tested 100% Caffeine and 100% Guafinesin on the IR first. These results were important for a good comparison to the other samples that I would be testing. I also ran 54% Caffeine(46% Guafinesin) and 27% Caffiene(73% Guafinesin) samples on the IR machine. These results showed what was expected. It was expected that since there was less caffeine on the second run then the peaks representing Caffeine would be smaller. I again was able to see how cases that come in the lab were handeld. Today was a very productive and I expect tomorrow to be as well.

No comments: