Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 8

Today was a rather short day, but I did seem to get something accomplished. The day started out with meeting Lt. Ashley Harris at the Sheriff's Office and then driving to Byrnes High School in the Bomb Squad truck. That was an experience all in its own just because I have never been in a vehicle that size. We arrived at Byrnes High School and unloaded the robot so it could be shown to a Criminalistics class. Ashley thought it would be a good opportunity for me to get and see another aspect of the Sheriff's Office. He did a demonstration for the class, showed them a bomb squad video and gave them a brief tour of the truck. After that he had duties to take care of in Columbia so I was released for the day, but I have written the introduction and results of my research paper and he will review them with me tomorrow. I also made Excel spread sheets of all the data from the 7 Trials that were done. I have a VERY basic outline for my paper, but that also needs be address within the next day. I believe tomorrow will be more work on my paper. It was also discovered today that the data obtained did not have any direct correlation to the percentage of each chemical used. There is however a visual aid to determine roughly which chemical is in a higher percentage, but we have yet to figure out a way to determine the exact percentage that it was prevalent in.

No comments: